Instructions for new lawns
New lawns are a pleasure to behold but need some careful initial maintenance: here are a few tips to help:
- Water mornings and evenings for the first 4-6 weeks
- Mow the lawn at least once, if not twice a week and don’t let the grass grow more than 2″ long.
- Keep off grass for the first 4-6 weeks (except cuts) until the lawn is firm underfoot.
- Keep leaves, shrubbery, dogs and children off the lawn in its’ first few weeks to aid establishment!
- Ensure your lawn mower is in good operating order and that the cutting blades are sharp
- Feed the lawn wirth a Spring and Autumn fertiliser to ensure nutrient levels are kept up.
- A bit of spot weeding will always be necessary-a little often is better than waiting until the weeds get really bad.